Tuesday, February 5, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Collection


I was super excited today when I received my products from MAC's new spring 2013 collection: Archie's Girls!



Based in the famous Archie Comics, Archie and his girls, Betty and Veronica, are split into 3 categories...
 
Archie's girls, which I got a Pearlmatte face powder in the color Flatter Me. It's in a beautiful white compact. The color is a nice warm pearlescent peach base with 3 darker pearlescent coral hearts... Very pretty, but it does come off more a highlighter than a blush.

Veronica, who was the rich, selfish, snobby of the two girls. I received the powder blush in Prom Princess. The compact, as all the others are white, but has Veronica on the cover. The color of the blush is a nice deep satin violet pink. This can be blended out to be very sheer, beautiful if you have light to medium skin tones. For darker skin tones, dont sheer it out and its also equally gorgeous.

Last is Betty. She's the girl next door, sweet, and innocent of the two girls. With her picture in the items as well, I got a lustre lipstick in the color OH OH OH, which is a light brown plum color infused with a gold shimmer. (It's a repromote) I also got 2 lipglasses, Summer Sweetheart and Kiss & Don't Tell. Summer Sweetheart is light peach with shimmer. Very natural with a bit of shimmer for those lazy days when you just want something soft on the lips. Kiss & Don't Tell is a bright coral with no shimmer. Love this lipgloss, its a shinier version of its compareable lipstick, Betty Bright, but is gorgeous on its own. Think of Nicki Minaj's lipgloss with more of an orange tint.

There are others in the collection, but I have yet to get my hands on them. After reviewing these, I would have to say I'm definitely a Betty! Lol.

Very cute wearable colors and this collection I believe hits stores on Jan. 7th!











Kiss & Don't Tell (Left), Summer Sweetheart (Right)

No comments:

Post a Comment