Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Balm....Part deux :D



From my first post, I just couldn't resist buying some more items to review for you guys. From the beautiful pigmentation, quirky names & slogans, to the very cute, simplistic packaging, the Balm cosmetics never fails to amaze me...




The other day, Hautelook, had some fantastic deals on 'The Balm' cosmetics and I couldn't resist myself and got suckered into buying some more products. The packaging automatically caught my eye and I was completely sold!


With the name Frat Boy along with all the Balm's blush slogans, "So many men, so little time..." who would be able to resist this duo which acts as a eyeshadow and a blush. It looks a little flushed in the picture above, but it is a beautiful peachy pink color and is a great color for every skin color.


Down Boy, is this beautiful dusty rose colored blush, that will give you the ultimate natural looking flush to the cheeks. Very pretty color and currently sold out on Sephora.com! 



If it was one item that I was going to buy, it was this one! I absolutely adored the name, Meet Matt(e). Of course, referring to an all matte eyeshadow palette, I couldn't resist. When I opened the package, I was pleasantly surprised, I was happily introduced to Matt Smith, M. Gallagher, M. Ramirez, Matt McDonald, M. Horowitz, M. Chung, M. Batali, Matt Schilling, and Matt Patel. Rest assured, I was very impressed with each of them. Thank you Matt's!


If its one thing I have a weakness for when it comes to makeup, other than blushes and eyeshadows, its a variety palette. I think its the best bang for your buck. This palette doesn't falter. In this, Balmbini Volume 2 palette, you 7 awesome products; 4 eyeshadows that also act as eyeliners, a lip/cheek cream, lip gloss, and a duo highlighter/eyeshadow. Multiple uses are the keywords for this palette. Besides the lipgloss, every item included, are duo's. Variety palettes are great for testing out products and when you're done, you know which ones you can't live without, and which ones you can. Great job, the Balm!

Most of these products mentioned you can find on Sephora.com and TheBalm.com