Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Monthly Beauty Subscriptions: August


August is over, September has just begun....and yet, I still haven't talked about my monthly beauty subscriptions I got in the month of August. This month, I received (picture referenced above from Top to bottom) Glossybox, Birchbox, and Myglam. Out of all of them my favorites this month was a tie between Glossybox and Myglam.



Glossybox has always seemed to include just the right products and I can't help to notice their items are just more luxurious and i'm loving it everytime. This month's box was no exception...

August Glossybox








Ole Henriksen: Truth Serum Collagen Booster

Haven't yet tried it out, but this serum is advertised to help smooth out lines and wrinkles and also keep your skin moisturized, nourished, and protected from all the bad air aggressors we have in the environment... for $48 for a full size bottle, and to have it included in my box for less than $20, i'm sold. Can't wait to try it.


Biolage: ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment

This oil treatment is infused with a Moringa Oil Blend, which is from a Moringa tree, the most nutrious plant on earth. Add this to a hair treatment, you are bound to get expected results! Price for a full size is $22, which is a great price for having Moringa Oil.
Illamasqua: Nail Varnish, in the color Taint

Ok, I first opened the box to see this color was included, I wasn't a total happy camper. First word that came to mind was poo. I had to try it, cause 'you should never judge a book by its cover' and it instantly grew on me...not to mention the fast drying time and I only need one coat (results below) and it was very opaque! If all of Illamsaqua nail polishes are like these, I'm buying more, hands down.
Full size: $14











Touch of Sol: Feel like Honey Moon Skin Base

A face primer that feels very much like honey, without the stickiness, and helps firms and revitalize the skin while making your makeup look its best. I'm very into primers, so this is one item I feel I would be using very much of!

Full size $20
Isn't this packaging gorgeous?!  The color is very similar
to the box color. Gorgeous nude tone with a slight hint of
peach.
Ellis FAAS: Ellis Lips Milk Lips in the color L206 

I love the texture this gives out! Very thick without having to feel thick on the lips. Not sticky at all. Makes my lips feel completely moisturized. I want them all! For $35 full price, i'm not quite sure. I'll stick to this one for now.





MyGlam, like I've mentioned before, has been a hit or miss, until recently. I have been very impressed with their items lately for the past few subscriptions. So I've been excited to receive their packages in my front door steps now =]

This bag's theme: Endless Summer


 




Salty Cosmetics:
Loose Luxury Mineral Eye Shadow in Glama-ZOID!

I never heard of Salty cosmetics, so this item really caught my attention. The pigmentation of the eye shadow was wonderful. Very pigmented, true to color, very creamy, and was very smooth to apply to the lid. Great product!



Demeter Roll on Perfume Oil: Dragon Fruit

Didn't expect much of this item besides it smelling like dragon fruit. Not my cup of tea to be smelling like fruit. But, it is very true to the scent and last very long.
 

MyGlam: Glam Gloss

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HOW THIS SMELLS! It reminds me of the scent of bubbalicious gum. Very sweet and the color payoff is great. Now what look to wear it with...hmm....



Eclos: Cellular Activator Facial Serum & Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream

I'm actually into a week using these products and my skin has been soft to the touch. Very light formula to the skin and a little goes a long way. Never heard of the company until now, but it won't be my last. Can't wait to buy these full size.





Circus by Andrea's Choice Nail Polish: Ringmaster

My favorite item in the bag, of course, was this nail polish. How gorgeous of a color is this!! Very bright hot pink with a slight hue of orange (although, it doesn't quite show it in the picture) Beautiful color and very opaque, very quick to dry, and the polish is has a good thickness to it as every nail polish has. I now have 2 colors in these nail polishes and I want more! =)



Although, MyGlam and Glossybox are my tied favorites, I do have to give it up for Birchbox. This month box, seemed to me, to focus on outer appearance, but with no makeup products included. Even though I would prefer to have a full on makeup product subscription with no body or facial needs, we all need it once in a while. So Birchbox I commend you on these items...


Birchbox's theme: Beauty School






Miss Jackie's: Original Curly Meringue

A styling cream to tame frizz, curls, and stubborn kinks, that ALSO smells like pineapple, that's an ultimate combo for dry, coarse, or color treated hair! Tried it, throughout the day, I could not stop smelling my hair! It kept reminding me of a pina colada haha.





Juicy Couture Eau de Toilette Spray: Viva la Juicy La Fleur

Ok, i'm not one to be smelling sweet or smelling like flowers ( I prefer a musky scent), but I was attached to this smell. I let my daughter have it, put some on her, and everywhere she went it just smelled awesome. Needless to say, not to take away from it being hers....we now share =]





Sabon: Foot Cream

Great product, makes the heels of my feet soft, which alot of foot products don't do. My feet need loving too!  A+


Talika: Lipocils Expert

This was an item I freakishly excited about. A botanical enriched formula made to help curl, darken, and grow lashes upto 2.5mm in a month. I always wanted to try a lash growing mascara, but weary about coughing up the cash and it not working. Glad I got this sample to try it out and if it works, i'm buying it full size!





Schick: Hydro Silk Razor

Great little surprise included! I'm glad, I was dreading having to go to the store to buy another. I love have this razor has moisture strips all around and not just on one side.





Miss Jessie's: Creme de la Creme Hair Conditioner

Can't really say much of this product other than the fact that I love that mint green color packaging. Hehe. I'll try it soon...

Yey, for the beauty subscriptions...can't wait for the next batch of samples! Enjoy the beginning of the month.