Carrying on with the monthly subscriptions, I finally received my July 2012 Birchbox! Excited about the previous box. (June Birchbox) I couldn't wait to get this month's box. This month, it looks as if Birchbox and Glamour teamed up to make a very fun exciting box. With the conjunction of Glamour's July issue, which indulges the five senses of summer, this box is intended to do just that. Indulge our senses...
So with much anticipation, here is what the box contains:
Jouer, Luminizing Moisture Tint (Touch It)
What's better than having a moisturizing tint for the summer? A moisturizing tint that includes SPF 20, being oil-free, and also giving the skin a glowy finish. I hate to admit this was one heck of a small sample (maybe as big as my pink finger....maybe smaller), but when I started using it, it actually impressed me. Not because it's a moisturizer, but the small size packs alot of product. A little goes a long way. For those hot, sweaty, summer days when you rather not be worrying about your makeup sliding off your face, a good moisturizer does just that...this is that moisturizer. Almost, makes me want to forget the price for a full size tube is $38...almost...
Alterna, Bamboo UV+ Color Protection Fade-Proof Fluide (See It)
Made for a finalizing touch to your hairstyle, this gloss is intended to prevent UV rays from fading the color of your color treated hair, while the organic bamboo extracts keep hair strong and soft. Long story short, don't give your body all the nutrients and protection this summer, your hair needs protection too! Don't ignore those beautiful locks ladies.
Larabar, Uber
What's better than makeup and beauty supplies? Food!! Or at least I think so. Ok, so I was kinda worried about this snack being gluten-free, kosher, and being healthy. Not because its healthy, but because typically healthy, usually means tasteless in my book. Surprisingly, it didn't taste bad. It felt like eating a handful of dried nuts and fruits from those snack bags next to the peanuts and cashews in the snack aisle at the local supermaket. Not bad for being healthy snacks, thumbs up!
Oscar de la Renta, "live in love" Eau de Perfum
To add to my collection to my many perfume samples, I wasn't really fond of this perfume. It has a nice sweet floral scent, but nothing to be excited about. So off to the never-use-or-give-to-my-mother-later-pile you go Oscar....smh
Stila, lip glaze, in the color "lights"
Is it me, or have all these beauty subscriptions been stepping up the plate on lip glosses? It's no joke and neither is this beautiful lip glaze by Stila. Coming from the limited edition "It's Go Time" lip glaze trio, this beautiful sparkly gloss is amazing. Very natural-looking, sheer color, and super shiny (makes water looks dull lol), this gloss is fantastic. Not to sticky and just right, I can't wait to see what the other colors in the trio look like! This is my fave item from this box :) Did I mention it looks to be full size?! Awesome...
Birchbox Exclusive, Earbuds
OK, how cute are these ear buds? Neon blue with pink, perfect pair. Super cute, fun, and the colors are great for summer. Can't wait to use these, thanks Birchbox I needed a new pair!!
|