| MyGlam July 2012 Subscription |
Where in the heck does time go?! Wasn't it just yesterday that it was the 4th of July?! It's mid-month and the fun still continues, the weather is still scorching hot, and the monthly subscriptions are out! I got my July 2012 myGlam subscription today, joy! I have to say this month items were awesome! Still with the summer theme, myGlam brought out some great products to test out and I was ecstatic to see my deluxe sample of Bare Escentuals Buxom Lipgloss in the bunch...it literally made me evolve a "Joker" smile on my face...creepy, yes I know, but nonetheless I was in joy!
This month's theme was "the Land of Beauty." Still with the summer's sun in mind, these products looked to have a refreshing, subtle looks, with a pop of color...
This was the gem in my bag and from first glance, I was in love! Buxom's Big & Healthy Lip Polish in the color Leslie. Girls, let me tell you this is the perfect pearly pink with a hint of coral, if you are into a nice soft pink color for the lips. Not too much, not to bright, it's perfection. Great lip gloss for the summer. Love the formulation of these lip glosses. They give you that sort-of-minty-tingle-feeling, with the noticeable appearance of having big fuller lips. The gloss stays on long and isn't too sticky. This is an A+ in my books... very great product!
Yes to cucumbers, on-the-go towelettes. They're hypoallergenic facial towelettes that are infused with cucumbers and aloe vera. Made to cleanse the skin, remove any makeup, and nourish the skin with one swipe. I tried it for 2 days and I have to admit it does leave the skin soft and removes makeup without damaging my skin. I love everything about the product, but I just can't get over the smell. Don't get me wrong, though! It's a great soft smell, but I would have preferred without it...guess then it wouldn't be called "yes to cucumbers," then wouldn't it... Ha! Ultimately, the raves about this product are true. Its a great item to have for those who are on the go.
Juice Beauty, the Organic Solution; Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer. Age-defying antioxidant with SPF 15 and a hint of green apples scent. That's what I noticed about this item here... I tried it, didn't like it. I have combination skin and I would have liked the formula to be a bit softer to blend into my skin. It was a bit thick when coming out of the tube, not quite sure if it was due to it being organic? But, it took more effort to apply it evenly across my face then other formulations. Even with it applied, it didn't feel much of a "moisturized" effect. It just felt...what's the word i'm looking for...heavy? If this would have been a lighter consistency, I think I would have made it ALOT better to work with. Maybe next time Juice Beauty....
Circus Nail Polish By Andrea's Choice in the color Reverso - This was another product in the bunch that made my eyes bulge out of their sockets. (yes, another creepy image) From well known, YouTube Beauty Guru, AndreasChoice. When I saw the little postcard, my mind was thinking, "please let it be the pink or white, please let it be the pink or white" and what color was it?! White (Reverso)!! The packaging was super cute, the nail polish was encased in the little tube, with a pop open lid. (refer to picture above) The color reminds me of white-out. When applied, it kinda looks like white out as well...it has a chalky look. But once you apply a top coat, it's a nice smooth finish. The best thing about this polish was the setting time. No kidding, this nail polish (without a top coat) dried extremely fast!! I don't know if it was my hot room *sigh* but after a minute of doing 2 coats on my thumb, it was completely dry! Great item to have and I'm a happy camper :)
Nu-Me HydroPunch Hydrating Hair Conditioner & savings codes for Nu-Me products- Havn't tried this product out as of yet. I have heard great reviews about how soft it leaves the hair, so I am happy to try this out. My dried hair strands have been quenching for something new, so check back later for an update :)
Patience is a virtue... if it wasn't for having patience, I would never know how good myGlam items would be and I was close to cancelling my subscription. I have to admit the first 2 months I wasn't truly impressed with the subscription, but these past few months, I don't know if they were paying attention to their subscribers or what not, but I have been very pleased with myGlam's subscriptions lately...THANK YOU myGlam and I can't wait for my August bag!