Monday, July 9, 2012

The Many Uses of Ivory


I'm not sure if many of you know, but there are many usages for a regular white bar of soap. My favorite bar of soap is using the Pure Ivory Bar Soap! It's a great mild, low fragrance bar of soap that's not expensive. This "multi-tasker" is a great way to spot clean your laundry, clean windows, great facial cleanser, hand soap, and of course, what it's known for, body soap. But I have another use out of it, a cheaper, alternative way, to washing my makeup brushes. This is what you need to do...






First, get your dirty makeup brushes. Here I chose my MAC 217 blending brush. 
Water the bristles (careful not to get it into the barrel, always point the bristles down)


Second, swirl your brush, or what i do, is flat swipe it up and down so the brushes dont get funky, and re-rinse to take the residue off.


Last, rinse and swirl until all clean. See the difference? Just then lay flat and let dry. I normally do my brushes at night, so I can leave overnight to dry. 


Below, is another example, this time with my Sigma Sigmax brushes...


Love this cheap, safe, quick way to wash out my makeup brushes. 
Hope you enjoy this new way to clean your brushes and also save you money on those expensive brush cleaners!


Voila! Clean brushes.









Disclosure: I received this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster and Ivory as a participant in the Mom VoxBox campaign
All reviews, are as always, my honest opinions.